Monday, April 5, 2010

Celebrity blog reveals my fraternal loss!



I know I haven't blogged in a good while but today I felt compelled to write after visiting a celebrity blog site, Bossip.com, that I frequent. This morning I was skimming through their many posts that are usually inspired by and derived from the daily happenings in the lives of the most popular celebrities of today and years past. However, I came across one post that truly disturbed me, simply because it wasn't about a celebrity. It was about a couple who I am unfamiliar with on a personal level but am connected to fraternally. My fraternity brother and soror were carjacked and murdered at 3 a.m. this morning. My heart is faint in light of this disheartening news. I don't know this this young couple...but I grieve and mourn the loss of two members of my fraternal family. I promise you! TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED!!!

Just hours after friends joyfully toasted them at their engagement party, a couple lay dead on a Jersey City street this morning, shot during what police said was a possible carjacking.

College sweethearts Michael Muchioki, 27, and Nia Haqq, 25, had planned to marry next April, those close to them said. On Saturday evening, the couple celebrated their engagement with friends and family at Delta’s, a soul food restaurant in New Brunswick, and then at a larger gathering at Perle, a club and lounge also in the Middlesex County city. Afterward, a friend said, they begged off going to a diner, opting to return to Muchioki’s Jersey City apartment in Haqq’s Honda CRV. Police said the couple were shot around 3 a.m., a few doors from Muchioki’s home.

CLICK TO CONTINUE...



2 comments:

MsSjay said...

This is very sad and unfortunate. I know that God has a plan for every person on this earth but sometimes I’m baffled when it seems that more positivity is removed than negativity. Sometimes I ask…why dream of the future because the reality is… TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED!!!

Citizen Ojo said...

Yeah it was sad to hear about frat going out like that. Apparently another brother was killed in Chicago that same week. He was just walking down the street.

Related Posts with Thumbnails